Saturday 6 July 2013

Allow me calmness

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgK7hnpRlEaBppaulQRlxUyzScCyqDbCy9meMfwG508H_TV7vKc6pXTXJB-fu_Lg9C1Bwxq6FiXahsHBVNNOTU0cdoJSO9f3IOYIM6XKCGyxd7Cx6YJ5g3zWxEM6P1Y8AKrOUHOxnb5FezP/s1600/4.jpg

When rage overcomes me
I abhor the behavior
That my aberrant body
Wreaks on my family and home
That my fast anger gets better of me
Only anger is a tall order to follow
Only listless is my control on myself
I see red and lick shooting flames
Anger consumes me, not listening
To reason or pleas for calm
Would that I could, I would change
I hate when anger consumes me
I prefer to smile
I prefer to stay calm. 


3 comments:

  1. wonderful words to live by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words that explain so many unexplainable moments of uncontrollable anger! I'm sure Stephanie feels exactly the same! Thank you Jamil for putting the feelings into words!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorites from your collection, Jamil. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete